- 0.1 What Lineage OS 18.1?
- 0.2 RELATED POSTS
- 0.3 List Best Custom Rom Google Pixel C
- 0.4 List Best Custom Rom ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M2 Android 11 / 12
- 0.5 List Best Custom Rom ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 Android 11 / 12
- 0.6 New features in LineageOS 18.1
- 1 ROM Lineage OS 18.1 Android 11 for SM-T500
What Lineage OS 18.1?
As is the norm, with a major version number change comes a big platform update. While rebasing of the LineageOS Samsung SM-T500 Galaxy Tab A7 codebase atop Android 11’s source code does justify the “18” part, the subversion change involves something else. Instead of bumping up the minor version number, Google continues the tradition of rolling out big feature updates for new Android versions via “Pixel Feature Drop”. Hence, the LineageOS team has decided to jump up on the subversion, going from 18.0 to 18.1. Samsung SM-T500 Galaxy Tab A7
New features in LineageOS 18.1
LineageOS 18.1 comes with several new features and enhancements Samsung SM-T500 Galaxy Tab A7:
- Security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 have been merged to LineageOS 15.1 through 18.1.
- 18.1 builds are currently based on the android-11.0.0_r32 tag, which is the Pixel series unified tag.
- Wi-Fi display is available for newer Qualcomm devices, on a device-by-device basis.
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 89.0.4389.105.
- The Recorder app has been vastly improved in more ways than can be counted, go leave yourself a voice-memo so you don’t forget that great idea!
- Screen recording has been moved to a QS tile to match AOSP’s behavior.
- The user interface has been revamped and there’s also now a UI for easily viewing, managing, and sharing your voice notes.
- It’s now possible to choose the quality of your audio recordings to save space.
- It’s now possible to pause and resume recordings.
- The FOSS Etar app has been forked, improved, and shipped in place of the stagnant and largely
unmaintained AOSP calendar.
- The Calyx institute’s FOSS Seedvault application has been included as a built-in backup solution.
- To use it, navigate to Settings -> System -> Backup, and “Change backup provider” to Seedvault. You can then click “Seedvault Backup” to configure, schedule, and encrypt backups!
- Backups created with Seedvault can be uploaded on your Nextcloud instance, an external USB drive or kept on your local storage.
- There is now an option on non-A/B devices to update the recovery image alongside the OS, just as the stock OS would!
- To use this, either enable the option during the initial device setup, or navigate to Settings -> System -> (Show More) Updater -> Three Dot Menu in the top right -> and check “Update recovery alongside OS”.
- The music app, Eleven now has a more up-to-date UI and integrates nicely with all the new android
features for music players such as seeking from the notification.
- All LineageOS apps now have support for dark mode.
ROM Lineage OS 18.1 Android 11 for SM-T500
- Android version: 11
- Firmware Version: 18.1
- Status: Teller
- Unofficial maintenance : Agreenbhm (XDA Developer)
No one other than yourself is responsible for your device.
Download file ROM Lineage OS 18.1 Samsung SM-T500:
Installation Instructions Samsung SM-T500 Galaxy Tab A7:
- Use odin to install the device into the “U3” firmware link here. Make sure the bootloader is unlocked
- Boot into boot mode and click “vbmeta_disabled_R.tar” through Odin in the “User Data” slot to disable verified boot. This will clean your device.
- Boot the device back into download mode and flash TWRP through Odin in the “AP” slot. Do not restart the firmware
- Boot your device into TWRP (recovery mode) and format (don’t erase) your data partition. Then restart TWRP.
Move LineageOS to exfat formatted memory card due to some limitations
- In the settings menu select “install image” and look for the firmware image img. Click on it, select “Super” and flash the ROM. Also, look in the debugger for solutions to some problems
- (Optional) Transfer NikGapps Omni to your device and install the zip archive. Make sure you move the “nikgapps.config” file into the “/tmp” directory which is configured to install on “system” and not “product” or “default”.
- Reboot into the system. You will now be on LOS with Gapps.
Errors and Fix Samsung SM-T500 Galaxy Tab A7:
1: Wifi not working. It is solved by initial installation of firmware T505XXU3BUF3
2: Brightness and magic control not working, it’s solved by installing patch. (solution here)
Download file here
- Reboot to Twrp
- run adb in computer
- Connect the tablet to the PC
adb devices adb push C:\*путь к файлу*\sm-t500_fixes.sh /tmp adb shell chmod +x /tmp/sm-t500_fixes.sh
3: When you connect a Bluetooth headset, the sound comes from the tablet (solution here)
In the settings, go to the Phh Treble Settings section and select the items: - Qualcomm feature > use alternative audio policy > check box - Samsung feature > use alternative sound policy > check box - More feature > use alternate way to detect headset > check box - More feature > force offload A2DP > check box Restart the device.