- 1 Intro:
- 2 Guide Unlock Bootloader & Install TWRP Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Guide Unlock Bootloader & Install TWRP for Galaxy Tab S7 FE SM-T738 (XX), magisk how to root Galaxy Tab S7 FE
, TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our Zulip channel or on forums like xda-developers.
A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like. galaxy tab s7 root magisk
galaxy tab s7 fe emulation
Here’s the obligatory disclaimer and warning:
- Unlocking the bootloader will erase all the data on your tab, including all the data that’s on the internal storage. So, make sure that you have taken a complete backup of all your important data.
- Flashing a custom binary (such as Magisk patched TAR in this guide) will trip the KNOX counter. Your device’s official warranty will be void once KNOX is tripped.
- You will not be able to use apps and services like Secure Folder, Samsung Pass, and anything that relies on KNOX.
- Although I have tried this on my Galaxy Tab S7 FE and can confirm that this works, I will not take any responsibility of any bricked/toasted devices. Make sure that you fully understand what you’re doing and accept the consequences if anything goes wrong.
- If you do land your tablet in trouble, feel free to ask, I shall try my best to help.
- repair firmware factory
- factory firmware for samsung
- Your SM-T738xx, SM-T738U, …v
- A compatible USB-C cable
- A Windows computer. (Odin only works on Windows. If you’re using Linux or Mac, you could try Heimdall)
Guide Unlock Bootloader & Install TWRP Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Unlock Bootloader for Galaxy Tab S7 FE
1: Enable OEM Unlocking
- First, enable ‘Developer options’ by going to ‘Settings‘ > ‘About tablet‘ > ‘Software Information‘ and repeatedly tap on the ‘Build number’ section five times. If you have a lock screen security set, you will need to input your PIN/Password/Pattern when prompted.
- Once that is out of the way, go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘Developer options‘ and turn ON the toggle next to “OEM unlocking“. You will instantly be prompted to enter your PIN/Password/Pattern, so do it. Then select “Enable” to allow OEM unlocking.
2: Unlock the Bootloader
- Then while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down keys together, connect it to your computer using the USB cable. This should take you to the bootloader screen (I call it that because logically that’s what directs you to either Download Mode or Device Unlock Mode). Long-press the Volume Up key to enter the ‘Device unlock mode‘.
- Your tab should now prompt you with a confirmation screen, so press the Volume Up key to confirm and unlock the bootloader.
- Your Galaxy Tab S7 FE bootloader is now unlocked and it should reboot automatically. You should also see a warning message right before the Samsung splash screen, just as shown in the picture below. Don’t worry, it’s completely normal. And no, there’s no way to get rid of it (unless of course, you relock the bootloader).
How to root Galaxy Tab S7 FE:
root tab s7 android 11
- Download the firmware for your your tablet, i dont know if i can link the sites but you can google it. (frija is recommended and is the fastest)
- Extract only the AP portion of the firmware.
- Open up the AP portion with 7-zip or winrar extract the boot.img.lz4 out of the AP file
- Download Lz4 https://github.com/lz4/lz4/releases to your pc corresponding version.
- Extract the LZ4 to the same area where the boot.img.lz4 is
- Open command prompt in that folder and then
lz4 boot.img.lz4 boot.img
- Download this magisk version from github https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/suites/4781599968/artifacts/133467701
- Extract the app-release.apk
- Connect your tablet and put it in your downloads folder
- Install it via th My Files or use a file explorer.
- Move the boot.img into the tablet and use the magiks that you just installed and patch it using that .
- Move the magisk_patched version back to your pc, rename it to boot.img and create a tar version of it (i used 7-zip)
- Open up odin , put your device to download mode and then patch the AP using the boot.tar you just created.
- It should reboot, wait a few seconds and it may reboot a couple times. Then it may ask you to factory reset and just reset.
- Once you setup your tablet again, connect your pc and do all that usb setup agagin and then move that app-release.apk again.
- Youre gonna have to install the app-release again but uninstall the magisk already installed on your device first then install it via the apk
- It should say additional setup required so do that, reboot and you should have root!