- 0.1 RELATED POSTS
- 0.2 All Samsung Root File Android 10, 11, 12
- 0.3 List Best Custom Rom Samsung A71 (SM-A715) Android 12
- 0.4 Guide Unlock Bootloader & Root Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
- 1 Intro:
- 2 Guide Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
Guide Unlock Bootloader & Install TWRP, root Galaxy Tab A7 Lite SM-T220, SM-T225, magisk how to root
, TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our Zulip channel or on forums like xda-developers. samsung galaxy tab a7 lite custom rom
A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like. root Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
unlock bootloader on samsung galaxy tab a7 lite
Here’s the obligatory disclaimer and warning:
- Unlocking the bootloader will erase all the data on your tab, including all the data that’s on the internal storage. So, make sure that you have taken a complete backup of all your important data.
- Flashing a custom binary (such as Magisk patched TAR in this guide) will trip the KNOX counter. Your device’s official warranty will be void once KNOX is tripped.
- You will not be able to use apps and services like Secure Folder, Samsung Pass, and anything that relies on KNOX.
- Although I have tried this on my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and can confirm that this works, I will not take any responsibility of any bricked/toasted devices. Make sure that you fully understand what you’re doing and accept the consequences if anything goes wrong.
- If you do land your tablet in trouble, feel free to ask, I shall try my best to help.
- repair firmware factory
- factory firmware for samsung
- Your Galaxy SM-T220, SM-T225 model number
- A compatible USB-C cable
- A Windows computer. (Odin only works on Windows. If you’re using Linux or Mac, you could try Heimdall)
Guide Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
samsung galaxy tab a7 lite root
Unlock Bootloader for Galaxy Tab A7 Lite SM-T220/ T225
1: Enable OEM Unlocking
- First, enable ‘Developer options’ by going to ‘Settings‘ > ‘About tablet‘ > ‘Software Information‘ and repeatedly tap on the ‘Build number’ section five times. If you have a lock screen security set, you will need to input your PIN/Password/Pattern when prompted.
- Once that is out of the way, go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘Developer options‘ and turn ON the toggle next to “OEM unlocking“. You will instantly be prompted to enter your PIN/Password/Pattern, so do it. Then select “Enable” to allow OEM unlocking.
2: Unlock the Bootloader
- Then while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down keys together, connect it to your computer using the USB cable. This should take you to the bootloader screen (I call it that because logically that’s what directs you to either Download Mode or Device Unlock Mode). Long-press the Volume Up key to enter the ‘Device unlock mode‘.
- Your tab should now prompt you with a confirmation screen, so press the Volume Up key to confirm and unlock the bootloader.
- Your Galaxy Tab A7 Lite SM-T220/T225 bootloader is now unlocked and it should reboot automatically. You should also see a warning message right before the Samsung splash screen, just as shown in the picture below. Don’t worry, it’s completely normal. And no, there’s no way to get rid of it (unless of course, you relock the bootloader).
How to Root Galaxy Tab A7 Lite:
You can find your device under Settings > About Tablet > Software information > Build Number. Mine is a Wifi model Tab A7 Lite, model T220 4GB/64GB, my build is T220XXU1AUJ1. root samsung galaxy tab a7 lite
- For T220XXU1AUJ1:
- For T225XXU1AUJ1:
- For T225XXU1AUL1:
- For T220XXU1AUL2:
If you don't have one of the above 3 devices, then follow the Part III guide above to create the correct boot.img.tar file. DON'T FLASH THE ABOVE IF IT IS NOT YOUR DEVICE!
- Download odin Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD link here:
Serve Google Drive | Androidhostfile
- Boot into Download Mode
– Power off device
– Hold Volume Up & Volume Down buttons at the same time, connect USB cable, keep holding until you see the screen.
– Press Volume Up to go to Download Mode
- Open Odin, Click AP and find the file magisk_patched-23000_acKsR.tar (for T220XXU1AUJ1). NOT THE ZIP. And not the raw boot file(s). Has to be the tar.
- Device will reboot. It will say bootloader unlocked continue, so press Power button like it asks. You will see a screen with red text warning you it’s been altered.
- It will not boot. Don’t worry it will reboot again, same thing as step 6. Now it fails and asks you to Factory Data Reset. Ignore the errors it’s telling you, and Yes, go ahead and click Factory Data Reset (you have to).
- It will go through step 6 again, this time, after a few minutes it will boot up into Android and prompt you to setup device. Success!
How to Remove Bootloader Warning after root Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Get the free app Termux.
- Download the up_param.tar file and move it to download folder (internal storage) – it might be the default location, if not then it should be here:
- Open Termux, and then type the next series of lines of code (press enter in between each line):
dd if=/storage/emulated/0/Download/up_param.tar of=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/up_param
- Now reboot, and the bootloader warning screens should be gone!